MBTA Fire Sprinkler System Evaluation
Various Locations, MA
AI and its subconsultant, Code Red Consultants, are providing a preliminary scope investigation of the existing fire protection system condition in certain MBTA facilities, including the Charlestown Bus Maintenance and Storage Facility, Ruggles Street Station, South Boston Maintenance Facility, Albany Street Bus Garage, Quincy Bus Garage, and Andrew Station.
The investigation will include a visual, non-destructive site survey of the six (6) existing buildings to investigate their condition relative to non-structural fire protection, life safety, and accessibility code compliance. Additionally AI is preparing a Chapter 34 Existing Building Code Evaluation Report for each of the six (6) buildings in accordance with the provisions of the applicable codes. The report will document the existing building's major fire protection, life safety, and accessibility features, the level of code compliance relative to existing building code requirements, and will identify any code deficiencies that may be required to be corrected or upgraded as a result of the proposed scope of work, as well as provide general consulting services to perform miscellaneous tasks such as:
- Conduct code reviews
- Prepare additional code reports and narratives
- Respond to code questions
- Perform other services at the request of the Client within the budgeted amount.
- Duration: 2017 - Present
- Project Scope:
- Preliminary scope investigation of the existing fire protection systems
- Perform a visual, non-destructive site survey of the six (6) existing buildings
- Prepare a Chapter 34 Existing Building Code Evaluation Report
- Provide general consulting services