RIDOT Load Rating
AI has performed load ratings of several bridges using LRFR method for RIDOT statewide since 2005. AI has accomplished the load ratings based on the latest inspection report of nearly 200 bridges including all types, materials, sizes, complexities and geometric variances for RIDOT. The types of bridges that AI load rated encompass steel multi-girder with concrete/timber deck, Steel Curved Girder, reinforced concrete (RC) T-beam multi-girder, Prestressed concrete multi-girder (I-beam, T-beam or box girder), RC slab, RC rigid frame, RC or stone masonry arches, through trusses with stinger floorbeam system, RC culverts etc. The bridge load rating assignments to date have included analysis utilizing various software such as BRASS, MDX, BRr, Staad Pro and Mathcad.
The elements that have been rated includes:
- All elements defined as “primary members” as well as stringer-floorbeam, girder-floorbeam connections, and truss connections.
- Capacity of gusset plates and connection elements for non-redundant steel truss bridges
- Other connections of non-redundant systems.
- Timber and metal bridge decks.
- Timber and metal piers elements.
- Concrete pier caps and bent caps if condition (deterioration) warrants, at RIDOT’s discretion
2010 - Present
- Load rating
- NBIS inspection
- NBIS guidelines/BrM
- Fracture critical & special inspection
- Structure safety flag
- Critical findings