CTDOT I-95 Exit 33
AI is providing is providing traffic engineering services for the I-95 Interchange 33 Project in Stratford. The project is being developed to reconstruct the interchange and add a new southbound off-ramp and new northbound on-ramp to the project area. AI’s role in the project is to provide traffic signal design for three intersections, and the development of maintenance and protection of traffic (MPT) plans. Signal equipment is being constructed per the following:
- Existing signal at the U.S. Route 1 and Ferry Boulevard intersection.
- Existing signal replacement at the U.S. Route 1/Ferry Boulevard/Barnum Avenue Cutoff intersection to accommodate a new northbound on-ramp.
- New signal equipment at the Veterans Boulevard and Ferry Boulevard to accommodate a new southbound off-ramp.
The three signalized intersections are coordinated with six other signalized intersections, and all needed to be analyzed for the project. The new traffic layout was modeled using Synchro traffic modeling software. AI is also providing MPT plans for the project improvements. The project will utilize a detour during the construction of the southbound off-ramp overpass, over the Barnum Avenue Cutoff. The plan will otherwise utilize lane closures to accommodate the construction of retaining walls and widening of existing roadways. In addition to the signal design and MPT plan development, AI also prepared a Transportation Management Plan for review by the CTDOT, and will attend local roads meetings with Town officials and emergency services representatives.
- Client: CTDOT
- Duration: 2015 - Present
- Project Scope:
- Roadway design
- Nine (9) coordinated signalized intersections
- Traffic modeling and analysis
- Signal plans for 3 intersections